Ski tour in the Tyrolean Alps - How to prepare perfectly?
At the end of January it was time again. I have been looking forward to this event for a very long time - the ski tour with the boys. For this year we chose the ski resort Hochfügen Kaltenbach. The weather forecast had promised us some fresh snow followed by good weather. So perfect conditions. The accommodation this year was to be our own hut, which we had chosen in the Hochfügen area. The house is located directly on the slopes below the Holzalm lift. This is offered by the Montana Alm Hochfügen. On a Wednesday morning we started very early. The drive was top, after 8 hours we were at our destination and could already check in at 9:30 in the house. What more could you want. Already at 10:30 we could drive the first curves. But in this report I would like to tell you how we prepared and what we took with us.
How do I prepare for a ski vacation and what belongs in the ski luggage and in the first-aid kit?
Skiing should be learned properly. As a beginner I recommend a ski course in an official ski school. The preparation for a ski trip can best be divided into different areas. It is about physical fitness, the right material, the right safety equipment, the right clothes, food and of course a small first aid kit. In our article we put together something for all areas. We enjoyed our trip very much and are already looking forward to next year. Should you also find the way to the slopes, I wish you a lot of fun
How can I prepare myself physically?
The best exercises for more fun on the slopes
- Winter clothing
- warm socks
- Winter jacket
- ski suit
- Scarf, hats
- Winter jumpers
- warm trousers
- Ski underwear
- Sleeping things
- Jacket (breathable, wind- and waterproof)
- Shoes for every occasion
- Sports luggage (skis, ski boots, ski poles, cross-country skis, boots, poles, snowshoes, snowboard, helmet, helmet camera)
- Vitamin and mineral preparations
- Plasters, gauze bandages and elastic bandages
- Clinical thermometer
- Pain ointment e.g. Kytta pain ointment
- Painkillers e.g. Ibuprofen
- Nasal spray
- Sun cream
- Healing ointment e.g. Bepanthen. The air is very dry in the ski resort.
- Possibly something against diarrhoea, e.g. Tannacomp.
- Mail, newspapers, magazines: Set up a holiday box or ask neighbours/friends/relatives to empty the box regularly.
- Pay outstanding bills
- Trustworthy person for animals, plants
- Leave holiday address with friends, relatives, neighbours for emergencies
- Take house keys with you or leave them with a trusted person
- Unplug mains, aerial and telephone plugs
- Close or tilt/secure windows and doors
- Turn off gas and lights, turn heating off or down
- Switch off or defrost refrigerator and freezer (leave doors open).
- Turn off water (especially dishwasher/washing machine)
- Take away rubbish
- Put suitcases and hand luggage with all travel documents at the ready
- Washing utensils for body and clothes
- Care products (shampoo, suntan lotion, perfume, deodorant, cosmetics)
- Hairbrush, nail case, shaving kit, tweezers
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
- Sanitary towels/tampons, cotton buds
- Sewing kit
- Handkerchiefs, moist toilet paper
- Sunglasses, ski glasses, reading glasses, contact lenses
- Cleaning and care products
- Photo and video equipment
- Travel alarm clock
- Batteries, rechargeable batteries incl. charger
- Holiday reading material
- Board games
- Possibly first purchase of groceries recommended in Fügen at the latest!
Our team of authors would like to inform you with many articles and give you ideas and suggestions for solving your problems.
Just browse through our blog - we are happy to answer any questions or suggestions you may have.
We wish you all the best
Do you have any questions?
Please contact us!
Your Ingo BlümleinSend a message
Always stay up to date
Through our newsletter you will not only be informed regularly but also in detail about innovations and current offers.