Medicine cabinet for the winter
Start the winter well prepared - Check your medicine cabinte now
With the rapid change in temperature from summer to fall, the first cold is not long in coming. Symptoms such as cough, cold or hoarseness can be quickly alleviated by a well-stocked medicine cabinet. Therefore, it is worthwhile to take precautions now and to check the medicine cabinet.
Check which medicines are already in stock and which have already expired. Medicines with expired dates should no longer be taken or used and, depending on the region, belong in the household waste. However, it is best to check this with your local waste disposal company.
What should not be missing in the medicine cabinet now:
preventively or at the first symptoms:
- FFP2 or medical masks
- antibacterial agents for hand disinfection
- zinc preparations to support the immune system such as Unizink 50, Zinkorotat POS, Zinkorot 25 mg, Zinkletten Verla
- Cold spray to reduce viruses such as Algovir Effect Cold Spray
- Medicines to support the immune system such as ANGOCIN Anti Infekt N film-coated tablets, ECHINACEA-RATIOPHARM 100 mg tablets
Fever and pain:
- Clinical thermometer such as APONORM clinical thermometer basic.
- Painkillers with paracetamol as juice, suppositories or tablets against fever and pain, such as Ben-U-Ron juice, paracetamol AL 125 mg suppositories, paracetamol-ratiopharm 500 mg tablets
- Painkillers with acetylsalicylic acid as tablets or effervescent tablets against fever, pain and inflammation such as ASPIRIN 500 mg coated tablets, ASPIRIN plus C effervescent tablets
- Painkillers with ibuprofen as juice, suppositories or tablets against fever, pain or inflammation such as NUROFEN® Junior Fever and Pain Juice Strawberry 40 mg, NUROFEN® Junior 125 mg suppositories, IBUFLAM akut 400 mg film-coated tablets
- Mucolytic preparations for a stuck cough containing ambroxol or acetylcysteine such as. AMBROXOL AbZ Cough Syrup 15 mg/5 ml, AMBROXOL-ratiopharm 30 mg Cough Loosener Tablets, ACC akut 600 Effervescent Tablets, NAC 200 akut-1A Pharma Effervescent Tablets or on a plant basis with ivy, thyme or eucalyptus extracts such as PROSPAN Cough Syrup, BRONCHIPRET Juice TE, GELOMYRTOL forte
- Cough suppressants for irritable coughs contain plant extracts of marshmallow leaves and Iceland moss PHYTOHUSTIL cough suppressant syrup, STILAXX cough suppressant or contain chemical active ingredients with dextromethorphan or pentoxyverine HUSTENSTILLER-ratiopharm, SILOMAT for irritable coughs
- Lozenges or teas with marshmallow, sage or Icelandic moss EIBISCHWURZEL tea Aurica, Emser Pastillen® throat tablets with sage sugar-free, ISLA MOOS pastilles.
- Lozenges with gel-forming/mucilaginous ingredients such as GELOREVOICE throat lozenges - also helps with hoarseness
- Lozenges with local disinfectants or anesthetics such as NEO-ANGIN junior sore throat juice, NEO-ANGIN sugar-free throat tablets, DOBENDAN Direkt, DOLO-DOBENDAN
- Sprays for use in the oral cavity such as DOBENDAN Direkt Flurbiprofen Spray, TANTUM VERDE 1.5 mg/ml Spray
- Decongestant nasal sprays with the active ingredients xylometazoline, oxymetazoline or tramazoline, such as NASENSPRAY AL 0.1%, Nasivin® dosed dropper for babies, Rhinospray nasal spray.
- Teas and extracts with eucalyptus, thyme, chamomile or sage to drink or inhale, such as SIDROGA chamomile blossom tea.
- Cold balm or bath with camphor and menthol have a soothing effect, e.g. WICK VapoRub cold ointment, PINIMENTHOL cold bath for children over 2 years of age
- Medicines for skin and sports injuries such as BEPANTHEN wound and healing ointment, DICLO-RATIOPHARM pain gel
- against diarrhea such as PERENTEROL forte, YOMOGI capsules, IMODIUM akut lingual melting tablets, TANNACOMP film-coated tablets
- as well as a first aid kit such as FIRST AID MINI-SET
So you get well through the autumn and winter months!